- “Mechanism Design meets Priority Design: Redesigning the US Army’s Branching Process,” (joint with Kyle Greenberg and Parag Pathak). [ PDF ]
- “Constitutional Implementation of Affirmative Action Policies in India,” (joint with M. Bumin Yenmez). [ PDF ] Earlier VersionThe current version supersedes Boston College working paper 978 entitled “Constitutional Implementation of Vertical and Horizontal Reservations in India: A Unified Mechanism for Civil Service Allocation and College Admissions.”Due to a recent Supreme Court ruling in India, the entire manuscript is re-written, and the analytical results in the two papers are mutually exclusive. Therefore, readers who are theoretically inclined are encourage to see both versions.
“Fair Allocation of Vaccines, Ventilators and Antiviral Treatments: Leaving No Ethical Value Behind in Health Care Rationing,” (joint with Parag Pathak, Utku Ünver and M. Bumin Yenmez). [ PDF ] [ Webinar ] [ Slides ] [ April-2020 NBER WP version ] [ Website with Software & Policy Impact ] Media
- “Markets Can Improve Rationing of Medical Supplies,” Bloomberg Opinion, 04/10/2020.
- “Reserve System Can Help to Address COVID-19 Ventilator Crisis,” BC News, 04/13/2020.
- “Why Science Won’t Ace its COVID-19 Test,” Bloomberg Opinion, 04/18/2020.
- “Who Gets the Ventilator,” Freakonomics, 04/15/2020.
- “Who Gets Ventilator Priority,” MIT News, 05/13/2020.
- “Will the Hardest-Hit Communities Get the Coronavirus Vaccine?” New York Times, 10/30/2020.
- “The Case for a Covid Vaccine Lottery,” Bloomberg Opinion, 11/09/2020.
- “Vaccine Rollout Could Ease Crisis, But Who Gets it First?” Washington Post, 12/03/2020.
- “A ‘Reserve’ System Can Equitably Allocate Covid-19 Vaccine,” BC News, 12/15/2020.
- “Building Equity into Vaccine Distribution,” MIT News, 02/04/2021.
- “Immigration Lottery Design: Engineered and Coincidental Consequences of H-1B Reforms,” (joint with Parag Pathak and Alex Rees-Jones). Revise-and-resubmit Review of Economics and Statistics. [ PDF ] [ NBER Digest Summary ]
- “Affirmative Action with Overlapping Reserves,” (joint with M. Bumin Yenmez). [ PDF ]
- “Paying It Backward and Forward: Expanding Access to Convalescent Plasma Therapy Through Market Design,” (joint with Scott D. Kominers, Parag Pathak and Utku Ünver). [ PDF ] [ Media ] [ Policy Impact ]
Passive Working Papers
- “Enhancing the Efficiency of and Equity in Transplant Organ Allocation via Incentivized Exchange, ” (joint with Utku Ünver). [ PDF ]
- “Lung Exchange” (joint with Haluk Ergin and Utku Ünver). [ PDF ] [ Press Coverage ]
- “Designing for Diversity in Matching” (joint with Scott Duke Kominers). [ PDF ]
- “The Importance of Irrelevance of Rejected Contracts in Matching under Weakened Substitutes Conditions,” (joint with Orhan Aygün). [ PDF ]
- “Matching with Contracts: Critical Role of Irrelevance of Rejected Contracts,” (joint with Orhan Aygün). [ PDF ]
- “Changing the Boston School Choice Mechanism: Strategy-proofness as Equal Access,” (joint with Atila Abdulkadiroğlu, Parag Pathak, and Alvin Roth). [ PDF ]
- “Transplant Center Incentives in Kidney Exchange,” (joint with Alvin Roth and Utku Ünver). [ PDF ]
- “Population Monotonicity of the Nucleolus on a Class of Public Good Problems.” [ PDF ]