- “Mechanism Design meets Priority Design: Redesigning the US Army’s Branching Process,” (joint with Kyle Greenberg and Parag Pathak). [ PDF ]
“Fair Allocation of Vaccines, Ventilators and Antiviral Treatments: Leaving No Ethical Value Behind in Health Care Rationing,” (joint with Parag Pathak, Utku Ünver and M. Bumin Yenmez). [ PDF ] [ Webinar ] [ Slides ] [ April-2020 NBER WP version ] [ Website with Software & Policy Impact ] Media
- “Markets Can Improve Rationing of Medical Supplies,” Bloomberg Opinion, 04/10/2020.
- “Reserve System Can Help to Address COVID-19 Ventilator Crisis,” BC News, 04/13/2020.
- “Why Science Won’t Ace its COVID-19 Test,” Bloomberg Opinion, 04/18/2020.
- “Who Gets the Ventilator,” Freakonomics, 04/15/2020.
- “Who Gets Ventilator Priority,” MIT News, 05/13/2020.
- “Will the Hardest-Hit Communities Get the Coronavirus Vaccine?” New York Times, 10/30/2020.
- “The Case for a Covid Vaccine Lottery,” Bloomberg Opinion, 11/09/2020.
- “Vaccine Rollout Could Ease Crisis, But Who Gets it First?” Washington Post, 12/03/2020.
- “A ‘Reserve’ System Can Equitably Allocate Covid-19 Vaccine,” BC News, 12/15/2020.
- “Building Equity into Vaccine Distribution,” MIT News, 02/04/2021.
- “Affirmative Action in India via Vertical, Horizontal, and Overlapping Reservations,” (joint with M. Bumin Yenmez). Revise-and-resubmit Econometrica. [ PDF ] [ Op-ed ] Earlier Versions
This version subsumes the following two earlier working papers:
Note: The two earlier versions of the manuscript #1 and the manuscript #2 each has additional analytical content that is not included in any other version, including the current February 2021 main version which subsumes both manuscripts.
- “Immigration Lottery Design: Engineered and Coincidental Consequences of H-1B Reforms,” (joint with Parag Pathak and Alex Rees-Jones). [ PDF ] [ NBER Digest Summary ]
- “Reversing Reserves,” (joint with Parag Pathak and Alex Rees-Jones). Revise-and-resubmit Management Science. [ PDF ] [ Web Appendix ]
- “Affirmative Action with Overlapping Reserves,” (joint with M. Bumin Yenmez). [ PDF ]
- “Constitutional Implementation of Reservation Policies in India,” (joint with M. Bumin Yenmez). [ PDF ] [ Op-ed ]
- “Paying It Backward and Forward: Expanding Access to Convalescent Plasma Therapy Through Market Design,” (joint with Scott D. Kominers, Parag Pathak and Utku Ünver). [ PDF ] [ Media ] [ Policy Impact ]
Passive Working Papers
- “Enhancing the Efficiency of and Equity in Transplant Organ Allocation via Incentivized Exchange, ” (joint with Utku Ünver). [ PDF ]
- “Lung Exchange” (joint with Haluk Ergin and Utku Ünver). [ PDF ] [ Press Coverage ]
- “Designing for Diversity in Matching” (joint with Scott Duke Kominers). [ PDF ]
- “The Importance of Irrelevance of Rejected Contracts in Matching under Weakened Substitutes Conditions,” (joint with Orhan Aygün). [ PDF ]
- “Matching with Contracts: Critical Role of Irrelevance of Rejected Contracts,” (joint with Orhan Aygün). [ PDF ]
- “Changing the Boston School Choice Mechanism: Strategy-proofness as Equal Access,” (joint with Atila Abdulkadiroğlu, Parag Pathak, and Alvin Roth). [ PDF ]
- “Transplant Center Incentives in Kidney Exchange,” (joint with Alvin Roth and Utku Ünver). [ PDF ]
- “Population Monotonicity of the Nucleolus on a Class of Public Good Problems.” [ PDF ]